Details About 1.1.3 Update

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Freefalling, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Freefalling

Freefalling New Member

Hi there

A lot of people are disappointed bout the 1.1.3 update for iPod Touch.

Things must be clear now.

Here is the deal :

The update IS FREE for all of you.
    Few bugs are corrected and iTunes.app is updated to work with VOD. Nothing special there.

BUT , even if the iPod Touch is STILL an iPod Touch and not an iPhone, Steve allows now to the users the possibility to get the apps of the iPhone .. if NEEDED only. So, this is an OPTION. You really want it ? So, this is 20$. And then you will get all the iPhone apps (but SMS of course ...). If you don't want it, just don't buy this paying package.

As this is an OPTION only, even if you buy a new iPod Touch with 1.1.3 included, you will not have the iPhone apps. This will stay as an OPTION and you'll have to pay for it (or wait for a new jailbreak ..)

So, to summarize :

-- 1.1.3 update is FREE for all --
    It will :
    - fix some bugs
    - update iTune for VOD
    - make a few style update

- - the extra 20$ package is an OPTION (even for new buyers) --
    It will:
    - add the iPhone 1.1.3 apps

---someone correct me if i'm wrong---​
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Everything true from what I know.
  3. Freefalling

Freefalling New Member

Coz there's a lot of buzz around here about it , i think we should Post It or something, don't you think ... ? Or we will be embedded by post like "hey, 20$ it sucks" , "warning update is paying" or else ...
  4. w5jck

w5jck New Member

Just installed 1.1.3 with new apps

I just installed 1.1.3 with the $20 apps.

--You must first install iTunes 7.6 or higher.

--Purchase and download/install 1.1.3.

--You must sync after the installation to activate the new apps and have them display.
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

cant this be stickied there r about 20 threads out right now, still im just waiting for it to be jailbroken and the new features to be added
  6. jrcdpm

jrcdpm Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think everything is correct except that the new ipod itouch will include the apps at the same cost.

From the Apple store website:

Revolutionary multi-touch interface
    3.5-inch widescreen color display
    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    8mm thin
    Safari, YouTube, iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store, Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather, Notes
    Ships: Within 24 hours
    Free Shipping
    $399.00

Doesn't seem right to charge the early purchasers for something that is now included.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. in/flux

in/flux New Member

this sounds familiar.
  8. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

I just found THIS on the Apple site.

New Software Update Enhances Revolutionary iPhone

Apple has announced a free software update for its revolutionary iPhone that allows users to automatically find their location using the redesigned Maps application; text message multiple people in one message; create Web Clips for their favourite websites; and customise their home screen. With its revolutionary multi-touch user interface and pioneering software, users can easily add significant new features to their iPhone through software updates whenever an update becomes available. New iPhone products shipping from the factory will include the software update and existing iPhone customers will automatically get the update for free when they sync their iPhone with iTunes. [Jan 15]
    Major Software Upgrade for iPod touch

With the installation of this major software upgrade, the best iPod becomes even more: the world’s best Wi-Fi mobile device. iPod touch customers already have the most advanced mobile web browser in the world with Safari, and now Apple is adding five more great mobile applications — Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather and Notes. The iPod touch software upgrade also includes new features such as Web Clips and a customisable home screen. New iPod touch products shipping from the factory will include the software upgrade and existing iPod touch customers can get the software upgrade for £12.99 (UK) / €17.99 (Ireland) by purchasing it from iTunes. [Jan 15]

The iPod update will cost you money but the IPHONE is free. Personally they can stuff it. It doesn't give me anything I haven't already got, so why should I PAY for it.
  9. glflame

glflame New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    is Apple really to blame for $20 charge?

Sarbanes-Oxley convinces Apple to charge for hidden feature
    http://www.insidesarbanesoxley.com/2007/01/sarbanes-oxley-convinces-apple-to.html

Sarbanes-Oxley means no features in future software updates from publicly traded companies?
    http://jfaughnan.blogspot.com/2007/01/sarbanes-oxley-means-no-features-in.html

"... Sarbanes-Oxley Act supposedly prohibits Apple from giving away an unadvertised new feature for one of its products. Hence, said the Apple rep, the company’s not distributing new _features_ in Software Update any more, just _bug fixes._ Because of Sarbanes-Oxley..."
  10. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Will we ever be able to use Web Clips? I would absolutely LOVE that

Please Register or Log in to view images