Desktop based package manger?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by itsfelix, Feb 10, 2010.

1. itsfelix

itsfelix Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi, I was wondering if there were any desktop based package managers for windows? I recently upgraded to 3.1.2 and downloading most Cydia apps usually end up "timing out". I heard of programs like Cyder and InstallerApp, but according to google they were released during March/May last year.

So is there any programs that can download Cydia packages and install them on my device? And is compatible with 3.1.2?

Thanks for your help.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cyder just got updated to 2.0 about a week ago. Google Cyder II. It works great for me. It doesn't install them on your device, but it can put them either in your Cydia cache where you can install them through Cydia, your autoinstall folder (just reboot and respring to install), or your [PIRACY] folder.
  3. zekegeek

zekegeek New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been looking for stuff like this too! All I saw was Cyder, and I'm not sure if that'll work on FW 3.0 or higher.
  4. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cyder and the new Cyder II both work on all firmware models I've tested. I'm on 3.1.2 and it works perfectly fine, it worked when I had 3.1.1, and I've used it for a friend's 3.0.
  5. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Any for mac?
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    RipDev had another desktop installer that you had to pay for... not sure what happened to it after they collapsed. Icy became open-so─▒urce so it's probably vaporware now...