Describe a "palm-to-forehead" moment w/ your iPod touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by himynameisjuan, Dec 24, 2008.

1. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You know, one of those times you were really stressed out over something, even though the solution was really simple. For example trying to SSH again and again, and realising you forgot to turn SSH on.

Mine would have to be right now, I restored my iPod, restored the data, and jailbroke. For some reason, Cydia wasn't showing up. So I tried again. Nothing. So I finally skipped restoring my data and went straight to the jailbreak. It was there. One restore later I decided before restoring my data, to add SSH and SBSettings, to see if they'd carry over. They did. Upon opening SBSettings I realised something. I kept Cydia in the dock, which is why is wasn't showing up...

Now share something to make me feel less stupid, haha.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

Once i was really tired and i had to feed my dog in the morning so i got her food and my coco puffs and accidentally poured the coco puffs into my dogs bowl and the dog food into mine. it was funny

3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I kept trying to edit this plist via ssh, and it wasnt working. I felt like pulling out my hair. Then I realised I wasnt saving the file. :\
  4. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    when 1.1.3 first came out a soft jailbreak was released over installer, it would take 45 minutes to install and would be incredibly unstable, i installed it once, got apps and stuff and then it went into restore mode, so i restored redid the jailbreak and everything and it happened again, i did this about 5 times and then i just went back to 1.1.2 jailbroken..
  5. jordskee

jordskee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My ipot kept getting stuck at the boot logo forcing me to restore 2 times a day. no joke.
    ithrew my ipod to the ground and sent it back to apple, never happened again
  6. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was planning on using fring / skype to make calls on my honeymoon, and I was really looking forward to 2.2 to get Street View to help plan our walking trips in Paris. SO the day before my wedding,, 2.2 gets released. I upgrade, and no Street View.

Later that night, I realized that fring and 2.2 didn't get along. The morning of my wedding, I restored twice and still no fring. I tried to downgrade back to 2.1, but it wouldn't do it. So I left the states the next day for 10 days in Paris with 2.2, no fring, no Street View . . . . and my mom's cell phone with an int'l plan added to it.
  7. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I thought my iPod was dead because it wouldnt turn on.

I brought it to the Apple Store to get a new one.

IT WAS OUT OF CHARGE.

/facepalm.
  8. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I installed the January app pack onto 1.1.1 jailbroken. It had a warning in big letters, yet I still did it, I don't know why

9. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My parents are too cheap to buy me any apps or even just an iTunes Gift Card for Christmas. I guess I'll have to wait until winter break is over to go pay my friend to buy some apps for me xD
  10. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine would have to be the time I installed the blackberry bold theme and thought the blank icons it installed was adware the author put on my ipod. "They are actually used to put a blank row at the top so that you can see the extended clock XD"