Dell's 7 and 10 inch tablet. iPad competition?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Appman, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    These are Dell's latest Android tablet designs, named "Streak".
    Leaked documents say that the Streak 5 will be available this summer, the Streak 7 will be available later this year and the Streak 10 in 2011.

In my opinion this looks like it will be a pretty nice tablet. What about you guys?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Via Engadget
  2. AMurphy

AMurphy Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    nothing will beat apple
  3. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Those look very nice. They might actually be able to compete with Apple's iPad.
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Spec-wise, I think it could compete. But in terms of 'who makes more money', then I don't think it can compete. I'm not saying that Apple is the best or anything, I'm just saying that even if other tablets have better specs and stuff, I still think we're gonna see more iPads than 'Streaks'. If a person doesn't visit Gizmodo/Engadget or any other site like that, then they probably won't know about the HP Slate or Dell Streak, but they will still know what an iPad. People know Apple's products; they know what a Macbook is, they know what an iPhone is. In the metro station at my school, the walls are painted advertising iPod Touches and iPod Nanos.
  5. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    There's no chance in heaven or hell that will ever make a Dell product seriously compete with Apple.

Dell's are the Pintos of computers and technology in general. Even people who are far from being tech savvy will say "Dell? Aren't those the wal-mart computers?" or "Aren't these that really bad brand?"

That thing could have an espresso maker, toaster, and infinite power. It still wouldn't matter, because people think that Dells are garbage. Which I agree entirely on.
  6. The Poison Woman

The Poison Woman Banned

*sigh*. People, if you're gonna make a tablet, you gotta do it right. They aren't supposed to look like digital photo frames.
  7. Zc456

Zc456 Member

It has a better chance at competing then HP's Slate. I just don't think it'll get very far without software to back it up. Unless Dell can build their own app store designed for those tablets.
  8. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if it had infinite power I would buy 2 one to use and one for my house(to power everything).

The only reason the majority of people like Macs is because they dumb it all down for the average idiot.
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's called being user friendly. They'd rather not make it so the user have to learn a 50 page manual just to be able to use the product. They'd rather have so the user can just pick it up, use it, and do whatever the hell they want it to do. And if you want to say that they 'dumb it all down for the average idiot', then be my guest, but most people just want something they can use. They don't want something that'll take a week or two to learn and get used to, they just want something to work, just like that. And if you disagree, then that's not my problem, but you should know that not everyone is a techgeek.
  10. Zc456

Zc456 Member

Its amazing how many geeks think everything has be that much more complicated. The whole point of computers is to make life easier for end user.