Deleting uploaded photos on the Touch?? (not album art)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hamchoba, Sep 25, 2007.

1. hamchoba

hamchoba New Member

Something just dawned on me... After I RTFM'ed, I'm still left feeling like a chump ... which leads me to ask the following:

Is there any way to delete photos uploaded to the ipod touch? I mean you can sync them to the device from random folders off a computer via iTunes, but unchecking the sync photos box won't properly delete the content when specified. Not even iPhoto finds the files on the Touch. Is there really no way to remove them either from iTunes or directly from the Touch? Have I been taken for a fool and told from a higher power that I should never delete any picture I put on the device? Are there, in fact, no avenues for deleting anything off the Touch locally apart from deleting video content?? How can I remove my por--uh... vacation pictures in case of an emergency? Heh.

Oh, and formatting the Touch isn't an option I'd want to consider if at all possible.
  2. whatproblems

whatproblems New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i found just unclicking the box for the syncing worked for me... im not too sure how else you would do that... once i get home maybe i'll check it out a bit more...
  3. hamchoba

hamchoba New Member

Nevermind, yeah I found the trick. In order for deletion of files to occur, you have to resync the photos directory with a folder on the computer that's empty... I'm guessing it has to be of the exact same name you synced it with. I'll check this now. However, it did work.

Edit: Actually, if not done through something like iPhoto, the iPod Touch evidently handles one album synced through iTunes at a time, and if you specify another directory to add files from, it ends up removing all prior images on the Touch and placing whatever new images from your computer in their place. To remove selected images you have to remove them from the folder you want to sync the touch to. Either that or go through the process again of adding photos then unclicking the check box while adding the option to remove photos. Annoying, but it works.
  4. Mustachio

Mustachio New Member

now if only we can figure how to get itunes not to "optimize" the photos for the ipod... ie not resize them to crap
  5. 9900rpm

9900rpm New Member

Help. I need to delete a few (about 5 photos our of my 782). I put the photos onto the Touch from a memory stick, which I don't have. If I do a sync now, wouldn't that remove every picture from the Touch? Is there any way I can just somehow delete these 5 or so pictures from the iPod Touch? Thanks in advance.
  6. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    actually no, there is no way 9900rpm to do that.

You have to make a folder less those 5 pics, and sync ur ipod to that folder.

when its jailbreaked you should be able to file browse to specifically delete pics.
  7. Pieczony

Pieczony New Member

hmm there is no way to copy photos from ipod to pc? I don't have ipod yet, so i didn't do so, but there must be a way to copy synchronized photos by itunes to pc.
  8. robertandenith

robertandenith New Member

this is what I do because I did notice you couldn't delete photos from the ipodT

I just make new folders and that's all I check for the sync part. If I don't want certain photos in there I just delete them from the folders on my computer.