Deleting the Dock

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by qazikqwerty, Jun 11, 2009.

1. qazikqwerty

qazikqwerty New Member

Anyone know how to delete the dock completely and replace with just another row of apps? I'm modding a theme and the dock has to be gone if i want the theme just right.

Help is greatly appreciated.

And yes i have ssh knowledge.
  2. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    im sure it would cause a major crash involving restoring
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm... well the dock image is easy enough to remove...but if I read your post you want to make the dock icons into just another row of regular icons (they scroll with the page) which isn't yet possible to my knowledge. Is that what you were asking?
  4. qazikqwerty

qazikqwerty New Member

Yea, i wanna complete get rid of the dock and replace it with just a reg. row of icons. Modding Delnoch's theme but instead of using categories, im planning on using spring jumps to separate apps and games etc. This is y i need to remove the dock, i want the "category" pages displaying only wants in that respective category (i.e. games) and not just top row games and bottom row dock.
  5. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah sorry.
  6. qazikqwerty

qazikqwerty New Member

gaahhh, doesn't anybody know? or at least where the dock related files are in ssh? Really need to finish this FF: Dissidia Theme.

P.S. I browsed the Delnoch Theme thread just now and i saw your Delnoch Mod vincewalker, very well done. imma use that instead of the Original Delnoch's. Thanks
    I have a few questions tho: Do u know if the side icons will still fit if i install FiveIRows (a 5 row toggle)? And for the PSDs, what font and shade of gray did u use?
    could u possibily send me the whole overlay in png form and not as a widget.html?
  7. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Seriously you can't do it. It would crash your iPod need a restore and all. The only way is to go ask Apple nicely for all their code for the iPhone/iPod Touch OS and rewrite it without the dock implemented.

Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images