Deleting from Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kokomo, Dec 30, 2008.

1. kokomo

kokomo New Member

Can someone tell me please how I delete albums/tracks from my Touch without deleting from iTunes and my Apple TV?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. Otisbum

Otisbum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you mean without connecting to iTunes, or without also deleting them from iTunes?

If it's the first one, I don't think you can. With the second one, there are two simple ways:
    1. Don't sync, just turn off syncing and drag the songs you do want onto your iPod.

2. Make a new playlist with every song you don't want on your iPod, then make a smart playlist that contains every song except what's in that first playlist, and sync your iPod to this one. This way whenever you add a new song to your "don't like" playlist, it will be removed from the smart playlist, and then your iPod when you go to sync it again.
  3. GTASA

GTASA New Member

When you connect your iPod under where the memory thing is says "manage music manually" and make sure that is checked
  4. kokomo

kokomo New Member

Thanks for that, perhaps I didn't make myself clear, sorry for that.
    My Touch is full and I want to add some albums recently added to iTunes and my ATV. Before I can add to the Touch though I need to make some space by getting rid of some of the stuff I can do without on it whilst still leaving it stored elsewhere.