Deleting Exchange emails offline

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by benardjl, Oct 17, 2008.

1. benardjl

benardjl New Member

Hello,

I've synchronized my Ipod Touch 2G with an Exchange Server, and it works fine...as long as i'm connected with Wi-Fi. As soon as i go offline, i can't delete emails or move them to folders (I get an error message). It looks as if the Ipod needs an active connexion to the Exchange server for deleting / moving emails. On Windows mobile, you can do this offline and resynchronize when back to connexion. Is this a problem on my Ipod or everyone has this problem (it would mean the implementation of active Sync doesn't support a full offline experience).

Thanks for your responses.
  2. Germany

Germany Banned

Hmmmmmmm, it might be a problem with yours because I went out in a corn field with no wifi (lol) to test your problem and I could delete mine while not connected.

I went to extra lengths to help you so I hope you appreciate it. Lol.

youtube.com/touchpwn
  3. benardjl

benardjl New Member

Thanks.

I've asked someone who is also connected to an Exchange Server with an Iphone, with 3G and Wifi off, and he has the same problem as me (He is told by his Iphone that the message can't be moved to the trash). Perhaps it depends on the configuration of Exchange, but active sync on windows mobile works fine with the same server, so I really think there is a problem on Apple activesync implementation. Curiously, it works fine with new messages : they are stored in the outbox and are sent as soon as the ipod is reconnected. Really strange.