Deleted System Directory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DotSlashSlash, May 25, 2008.

1. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Really annoyed and would like to know if i have to 100% restore or not

I will try make it short and will + Rep if anyone can help.

I had a 1.1.3 touch and i was about to backup my System Folder in the /System directory and i started dragging the folder out of Cyberduck and made a mistake and let go of my mouse by accident, i dont know what happened but i looked again to drag it back out again and my System folder had gone!

I must have deleted it, but i looked my Computer and i already had a backup of the System folder and i dragged it Cyberduck but it said there was an error with connecting,

I can still look at all the contents of my iPod my i cant put anything on or off of it, by what i can see,

I think this maybe because i have deleted the OpenSSH program or something but when i go onto my ipod it still works but my personalised lockscreen picture is just Black and when i unlock my ipod and click any app, it comes up with the Default screen of the app and goes back to the springboard, however the top bar is white as it should be transparent black.

I know i probably will have to restore and i am dreading it as i had a good collection of apps and Repos but could someone who know what they are talking about conform it if this is possible!

Thanks!
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you will probably have to restore
    you can try to connect thru iphonebrowser or whatever its called

i don't know if it will work though
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

restore before its too late
    1 person likes this.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'm pretty sure that's going to require a restore, sorry.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  5. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    lol yeh i thought so, i left it overnight, and i thought at least i can experiment with the PWN tool and stuff now,

I woke up this morning and my ipods screen wasnt on and neither the power buttton at the top or the home button were working, so i unplugged it from my computer and the screen went on the unlock screen but this time it had my personal unlock wallpaper, but the screen and all the buttons didnt work again,

so i plugged it back into my Mac and iTunes jammed up so i Force Quited it and tried again and it came up with this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Strange cause its not even an iPhone lol,

My ipod has gone into recovery mode as expected and thanks for you help guys!