Deleted podcasts keep sycing from Itunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katpeeler, Oct 24, 2008.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Ok, I watch a podcast, I swipe it to delete and when I sync to my computer the deleted podcasts re-download to my itouch. I make sure the little blue dot on the side is not there showing that I have watched it. This used to not be a problem until I updated to itunes 8. Any suggestions??
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try deleting them from the files on your computer and not just your itunes
    make sure you empty trash
  3. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Not sure where my files are manram. How do I need to manage my music and video's, manualy??
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

next time you try to delete the podcast, make sure you check off "move to trash"
    then empty trash

sorry i couldn't be more of a help
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When your iPod touch is plugged in, click on it under the Devices tab. You'll be shown a screen with your iPod touch, some details about it, the Update and Restore buttons and so forth. At the bottom of this page, you can check off a box to manually manage your music/videos and other media.
  6. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Maybe Im not being specific....The podcasts I deleted from my itouch, I want them to go away after I sync. But they keep redownloading. Ive read the manual but that dont seem to help. I dont want to keep deleting the podcast one my one from my itunes because alot of times I cant remember which ones Ive looked at once I get to my computer. Thanx guys...Im new