Deleted Important File. Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by QuAdS, Feb 29, 2008.

1. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

As I was trying to download a file today using iphonebrowser, i accidently deleted "MobileMusicPlayer" file from /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer. After that, I'm O ^&%$ and i put the file back in. After that i rebooted my iPoT and then tried to open MusicPlayer. It didn't open. so i downloaded a whole entire back-up of the MobileMusicPlayer.app and tried replacing the whole .app.
    it still didnt open.

heres the catch,
    i have moved my applications to /var/Applications using BossTools.

I know none of the noobs will know how to fix this problem so please dont post saying "i think your going to have to restore" because I seriously doubt that is the only way to fix it.

I appreciate all the help I can get!
    thanks
  2. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well have you tryed changing the permissions to 0755, you have to try that and to do that i think u cant use iphonebrowser so google winSCP and install it

then go here to set it up ---> http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9978&highlight=winscp guide

Then just right click on the .app and hit properties and change the oct or something like that its at the bottom and should be like 3 or 4 numbers and change it to 0755 and then open the .app and change all the files in there and every sub folder (p.s. crtl a hilights all stuff in the folder) and change it to 0755, tell me if it works and if it does rep is always appriciated
  3. QuAdS

QuAdS New Member

im no noob.
    fyi.
    to be honest this isnt my iPoT.
    its my friends and this he is in 1.1.1 and yes i did change permissions using squid straight from the iPoT.

any other suggestions?
  4. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well the thing i would do is just restore then go back down to 1.1.1 jailbreak you would have to resync and lose your apps (which you could just reinstall) but that's the worst that could happen rather than an ipod not be an ipod.