Deleted Files via Ubuntu on Windows Partion, Now Getting Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by MrCookie615, Nov 24, 2009.

1. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So here's the deal, I suddenly had an issue with Google Chrome on my Windows XP partition, saying that the "local state.tmp" file was corrupt and unreadable. I googled the problem, trying out acouple methods that worked for others, and did not for me. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting the User Data folding under the Google Application Data folder, tried using FileASSASSIN on it blah, blah, blah. So I got fed up with it and decided to use my second partition, a Ubuntu 9.10 install, to mount my Windows XP partition and to delete the files through Ubuntu. So I mounted it, deleted the files with no problem at all, unmounted the device, everything went great until I rebooted the system. I tried loading Windows XP, saw splash loading screen only for a split second, and there was a blue screen with some sort of error message. It restarts too quickly for me to even tell what it is. So I tried using Safe Mode, and still getting a blue screen on safe mode. My Ubuntu 9.10 install is working fine though. So I have no clue what to do now, I just restored my netbook five days ago, I'd really rather not have to restore it again.. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

My current setup is:
    PC: Asus EEE 900
    OS: Windows XP SP3 (Partition 1), Ubuntu 9.10 (Partition 2)

Once again, I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me, and thanks in advance.

EDIT: OH! Almost forgot to mention, in a response to ChronicFunk's reply (thank you, btw), the "local state.tmp" file is only used with Google Chrome, it is not a major file of the Windows Operating System and can function perfectly without it. Actually, Google Chrome can function without it as well, it has something to deal with the current user's preferences or something of the sort. I just attempted to delete it because it was causing me acouple issues.
  2. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just like every other operating system, if you delete a core file, you will run into problems. Although, I'm sorry I can't help you, I'm running on a MacBook Pro.