Deleted albums won't recopy

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by rockingcricket, Jan 19, 2008.

1. rockingcricket

rockingcricket New Member

A couple of albums which I've previously removed from iTunes are not copying back onto iTunes. When I drag them back over, the loading bar flashes up for a second but they do not copy.
    To overcome this problem I have tried reinstalling iTunes but to no avail. I suspect there was a cache or something that I didn't clear.
    Anyhow, does anyone know what might be causing this problem or have a remedy for it?
  2. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've had some weird issues with iTunes. When I first got iTunes I fed it my MP3 directory, but about 400 of 7000 songs... iTunes just flat out didn't see them. Never have figured out why. Since I started using iTunes Folder Watch to add stuff, it seems to be okay.

Have no idea if that's any help for you, but maybe try iTunes Folder Watch and see if that'll add them for you. (It's a free program.)
  3. rockingcricket

Thanks Chuckle. I'll check that out, though I'd really like to learn why this problem is occuring. Anyone?
  4. rockingcricket

Strange! I replied last night but my post is no longer here.

Anyway, thanks Chuckle. That's a handy little program but it still didn't allow me to copy the problem albums to iTunes. 5 seconds of one song is recognised but nothing else.

Any other suggestions out there?
  5. rockingcricket

Sorry for bumping my thread but can i ask if my problem is being overlooked because it has been answered previously elsewhere, or does noone have any suggestions? Knowing iTunes, surely I'm not the first with this problem?