Delete unnecessary files?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lund3n, Oct 11, 2007.

1. lund3n

lund3n New Member

Do you think it is safe to delete all the language projects ( .lproj folders)? Of-course I will keep English and Swedish (I’m from sweden).

And do you think I can delete the “EDGESettings.bundle” and “BluetoothSettings.bundle”?
  2. flash84x

flash84x New Member

what for???? i would definately not start deleting random files

i do not even see a reason that you would want to do this other than space, and the amount of space you gain is no where worth the risk of deleting stuff you arent familiar with
  3. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer he is right
  4. hdy

hdy New Member

dumb noob

Please Register or Log in to view images

sure go delete stuff, then when you forgot to backup all the files you deleted and you brick your touch don't come here asking for a fix

5. lund3n

lund3n New Member

Well excuse me for not beeing an expert :/
    But I'm not that stupid, I have everything backed up from before the hack. Just thought that since it's no problem to delete languagefiles from the os x it should not be a problem on the touch.

Thanks anyway!
  6. THCue

THCue New Member

He is right in a way. The files are not all used such as bak logs ect will need to be cleaned. Even some files we could get away from using. Once people start running out of space 300mb is not alot its gonna be time for clean up. A new guide to file deletion and clean up my not be far off.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

i was thinking it would be safe to delet all the bluetooth related and phone related software too, since neither of these devices are on the iPoT. also, the dropped call tones and such could be removed.
  8. DannySmurf

DannySmurf New Member

Just because you don't think that the files are necessary, does not mean that they are not.

It is NOT safe to start deleting files just because they're "for the iPhone." For all you know, one or more programs on the touch may still be relying on those files.
  9. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Offtopic

: lachlan438 I seriously thought your avatar was a bug on my screen until I scrolled down.. I kept thinking retarded bug.. you keep going around in an 8.
  10. pared

pared New Member

Not very bright I see.