[DEFINITION] Fake SWOD That Cydia Causes And How To Fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Khaos, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Definition:

Cydia uses a new method called App Load (Like The App Store) which loads apps without Respringing, sometimes The App Load uses too much of the resources (Such as the ram) and overloads causing the Device to respring, because it is using so much the Respringing process does not stop instead it Resprings Twice then freezes.

How To Fix:

Just Hard Restart

Hold the power and home button till the device shuts off, then turn it back on normally
  2. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

that's usually what most people try to do, for some it doesn't work (like me)

damn you Cydia, App Load is NOT worth it -_-
  3. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

thank you.....!
  4. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Gotta agree with AngelSynth here... at first it seemed to work and I would restart maybe 3-4 times to kick it out of the SWOD, but all it does is keep trying to load the app. If you have a lot of apps downloaded from the AppStore and then do Cydia installations, things get ugly fast. I'm on my second restore after trying everything to fix it (SSH, restarting, restarting while hooked up, restarting and connecting to the computer after five seconds, etc). Cydia does NOT need to be attempting to use this app function :-S
  5. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

I'd rather manually respring instead of risking an SWOD >:|
  6. CorranQ

CorranQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ditto... I think I finally know why the AppStore on the iPhone/iPod sends you back to the SpringBoard whenever you install something... and even then it's not that much more stable an installation method, lol!