Definitely the biggest problem ive ever run into

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yoman318, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Yoman318

Yoman318 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey everybody. I am in quite a predicament and have not seen anything in my search of the forums to help me and ive tried hella sh*t to fix it.
    BACKGROUND:
    Ok so a while ago i was running 4.0 software on my 3rd gen ipod touch 64 gig. i was waiting for a jailbreak because there was only one for if you had a restore for 3.2 or something like that, im sure a bunch of you remember.... anyways they finally put up a working jailbreak and i jailbroke my ipod. it was cool for a couple days but then i started having problems. i made sure not to download the apps that everyone said were causing trouble but then one day i looked in my music and there was nothing there. so i plugged into my comp and got into my ipod and all the songs were still on there they just didnt show up in the player. so then my apps started randomly closing on me and id have to restart em. and i was like f*** this and i restored my ipod to unjailbreak it. but when i restored with a clean backup i still had cydia! so i went into cydia and to the manage section and uninstalled it from there and it went away. a couple days later i went into my ipod and my music was gone again but this time it was also gone when i checked with the comp. so i decided to sync. and when i tried i got an unknown error, mostly (-42) and it also said an internal device error occured. so a little while later i tried updating the software and restoring again and i found a list of things to do to fix your pod and none have worked so far. i was able to get 3 songs before getting those errors. 3/2200 or so. that aint enough for me and if i didnt wanna listen to music i wouldnt have bought a 300 dollar ipod. so it still isnt working. ive tried everything i can think of and more and im utterly f***ed.

So BTW im on a foreign exchange in brazil and it would take a lot to get me to an apple store to exchange it. i still have a warranty i think it was bought at like amazon.com or some reputable online co. and only like 3 months ago at the most. also i read somewhere that apple can now tell if you jailbroke it ever and that would void my warranty so i would like to know the validity of that before i go to an apple store 9 hours away. literally ANY help would be greatly appreciated and i would do anything i am able to to help you guys out in return.

Shoot with your minds gunslingers!
    Thanks (hopefully)
    Yoman318
  2. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Restore and keep Cydia? That doesn't sound right.

What I'm thinking you are saying is that you restored from a backup, not an actual firmware restore. A firmware restore will most likely fix that, and I believe you mixed up the two.

To restore a firmware, hit restore while on the iPod tab in iTunes. You will see update and restore. If you have your SHSH blobs backed up and have a fresh 4.0 firmware handy, hold (shift for Windows, option for Mac) and click restore. Select your firmware and the process will take about 10-30 minutes depending on your computer.

That should solve your problems. This will cost you your jailbreak though. You could instead update to 4.1 and wait for the new jailbreak to release; it shouldn't be too long.

If you've tried this and it doesn't work, you have one strange device my friend. Very, very strange

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. sdettmer

sdettmer New Member

4. Yoman318

Yoman318 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have tried a full restore but it didn't work. Actually a few times. I'll try it with umbrella and see if I can unf*** my sh*t. Thanks guys.