Defender Chronicles: Help needed!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Universal Denizen, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is such a fun game, but I'm unable to cross the Marshwood level! Between waves 27 and 35, swarms of the green blob like creatures rush past all my defenses. The previous 2 levels were far easier. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    4 or so lvl 4 or higher archers.

I can't get too far in this game as it keeps flashing my screen white then crashing my ipod (shows the apple logo for like 1 min)
  3. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, that happened once with me today. Thanks for the tip!
  4. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On the bottom build spots use warriors, only like 4-5 warriors on the bottom. then archers fill up the rest of all the build spots. When leveling up your fighters, level up the warriors a certain level until they are good enough to fight off some "creeps". Then just keep on upgrading your archers. Always have to have atleast 4 rangers if you wanna have a shot at beating this level, because that's what happened to me. I tried to win this map like 5 times, and failed. But once i did this tactic, i finished it. Oh yeah and remember, Level 3 rangers give you 3 rangers instead of 2.=] so all the archers Have to be atleast a ranger. I hope that helps, and sorry if you have to read so long, but that's the only way i can show you. xD
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Check my review in the iTunes App Store Review forum. At the bottom of it there's a link to the Defender Chronicles forum where there's a walkthrough for Marshwood. There's also a few other good hints and tips there.

Are you on a jailbroken device? 1G or 2G? The game runs flawlessly on my jailed iPhone 3G. Try rebooting your iPod touch before you play if you haven't already..
  6. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have rebooted it, I'm using a normal non jail broken 2.2.1 2G ipod touch.

Its rare in most of the levels but the "Silver Keep" level it does it after a few waves. Always.
  7. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Interesting. I'll drop a msg to the dev to let them know there may be an issue.
  8. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks to all of you for the help. Will also check out the defender chronicles forum as suggested...
  9. studangerous

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    fyi from the dev:

In fact I'm told the update has been submitted to the App Store so any problems should be resolved very soon.
  10. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    In answer to the original question, buy knights and set them in rows to slow monsters down while upgrading archers.