default passwords lists for wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by berky93, Jan 3, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I found this a while ago and thought it might be useful to the people in this community - seeing as how we all love wifi so much.

this is a list of default passwords for pretty much every modem ever made. if you come accross a network that has the default name (like 2wire) then chances are the password from this list will work for you.

CLICK HERE
  2. linds

linds New Member

to clear up any confusion, these passwords are for accessing the web based interface of that particular router. These are NOT passwords to access a secured router.
  3. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    point being you could see what the password is, lol, and then use it to access that router, so it is good for using other peoples WiFi connections,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  4. linds

linds New Member

These passwords have nothing do with with whether a wifi connection is WEP or WPA/2 protected or not. These passwords are only useful if you already have a connection to that particular access point in the first place. That's the only point I'm making so that people don't think these are WEP or WPA passwords
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol, if I had that list I wouldnt tell anyone, lest people find out and change them!

"lets see here; Im at 26 maple street. their password is 45k345jl54k1k9k7."

I wish
  6. nandihno

nandihno New Member

so in other words...not much usefull..
    as to get access to the network u need to be on their network..
    and if u dont know the wep password..then ur dud...
    unless they have no protection....
    the next question is...how do u know what brand of router / modem they're using??
  7. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yah i know that, all i was saying you could find out the default gateway then log in with these details (very people change it[i do, lol]) then go check what the password is, or make a new one, one one will usually check their settings, anyhow.
    no you dont, the default gateway could be found out, and then its pretty easy if you know what you're doing,

Cheers,
    Ben.
  8. kappatango

kappatango New Member

But they would need to have remote access enabled on their router - this is normally disabled as default, so anyone with the default usernames etc has probably NOT enabled remote access...

Not worth much IMO....