Default apps half broken

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aced6, Mar 19, 2010.

1. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    3.1.2 Jailbroken 32GB 2G iPod Touch

A few days ago, when I opened the mail app, all I saw were blank preview boxes with the date 12-31-2010 (or whatever order the date appears in). I left it for a day and the problem dissappeared. Today the problem is back. I can recieve mail, as Notifier is displaying a mail icon on the top bar of my screen. I cannot add appointments to my calendar, either. I can open & read my calendar, but after filling out the add appointment form and pressing done, there is no new appointment. These are the only two apps affected so far. I have not installed anything from Cydia or synced with iTunes in over 4 months. I do not use Rock.

I tried respeinging through SBSettings, but that froze, a spinny wheel appeared, and half an hour later my iPod restarted.

Any ideas? I'm reluctant to restore, as my iPod is finally the way I like it after having my first stolen.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    New symptoms:

As I was trying to type an address into safari, my iPod froze and took 10 minutes to reboot.
    My iPod thinks it has 0MB free when yesterday there was over 1GB.

The night before the first occurence, my iPod drained 98% battery while in sleep mode. It did it again last night. This might be connected...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    This morning, I have my 1GB back and can read emails.
  2. aced6

aced6 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yet another strange occurence:
    this morning, whilecharging my iPod, I turned it on to check the time. Less than five minutes later, I turned it on to make sure I wasn't late for the bus. I pressed the power button, but there was no response. 10 minutes later, I pulled it out of my pocket and the apple boot logo was present. It rebooted successfully and was back to normal. What just happenned?
  3. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    are you jailbroken?