Dedicated tutorial section.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by iBoss™, Aug 30, 2009.

1. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Spread out across the forums and subforums are really great tutorials for jailbreaking and getting custom boot logos.

So why not give the site a complete tutorial section, like iTunes App Store, and Upcoming Apple Devices has.

Inside the forum, there could be sub-forums like 3.0 Jailbreak Tutorials, Miscelaneous Tutorials, etc.

All of the moderators could scan the site, and move worthy tutorials scattered about the forums to the section..

How bout that?
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How about leaving them in their sections where they're more relevant?
  3. Germany

Germany Banned

I think there should be a separate tutorial section with all miscellaneous tutorials. They shouldn't have to be about iPods, but they could be. I'm saying any random tutorials that people may find helpful. To avoid bogus/poorly written tutorials, there could be an approval policy where the user would have to submit a guide/tutorial for approval. I'm thinking good content that people could benefit from. We could have User Educator people that regularly write tutorials about things but anyone could still submit them.

I'm just spilling out some thoughts because I think a general tutorial section would be nice. I've seen other forums with nice tutorial sections and user educators that don't even have to be related to the main topic of the forum. It would be like a helpful version of The OT™.
  4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i like the thought of having a massive tutorials thread with links to every tut on here, would make it A LOT simpler
  5. Germany

Germany Banned

Anyone like what I was thinking? Or not...
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

I like the idea.
  7. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, I came up with a similar idea a while back but it seemed to dissipate into nothing. I'd love to see it happen but I'm not sure if anything has changed in terms of the mods & admin's stance on the issue...
  8. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    EDIT: Misread your post, but still don't think it's particularly wise.

EDIT 2: On second thought, I did not actually misread your post; I quoted the wrong person (facepalm).

That's not BAD idea, but I don't think it's any better than having a few stickies in each section.