Decisions, Decisions....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chinook, Jun 11, 2010.

?

I should get a(n)........

Poll closed Jun 15, 2010.
  1. .........iPhone 4

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. .........Droid Incredible

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. chinook

chinook New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have a wireless contract with AT&T expiring this July. I am debating as to whether or not I should stay with them and buy an iPhone 4 or get a Droid Incredible with Verizon. Any thoughts or opinions on which route I should take? Right now I am leaning towards a Droid because I alreadi have an iPod touch 3G but the new iPhone sure looks sweet.
  2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    With this site you can't really expect an answer other than the iPhone, I mean the screen is just to die for and recently people are porting the driod OS to the iPhones/iPod touches so.... ya, iPhone 4 FTW.
  3. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Here's one for the DROID Incredible.

Why? Android OS. If you are liking the iPod touch, but want something a little different (like me) Android is the way to go. Verizon. Awesome network.

I know that a lot of people on here take this for granted, but Android phone's ability to be made into what you want is really great. The ability to morph the phone into something that matches you is extremely awesome. For much of my information, the homescreens' widgets have it all. It's as easy as turning on the phone, and looking at the widget. I suppose that is what I like best about my DROID Incredible. The customization is jailbreak, times two. It's really something.

However, iOS is extraordinarily easy to use. So if ease-of-use is what you want, then don't look past iPhone 4. If you want a phone that doesn't require much maintenance, that you can get tons of games for, that has every app known to man, plus thousands that aren't, then the iPhone is for you. If you love the iPod touch experience, but wish it had a phone, then iPhone is for you. If the notification system on iOS4 doesn't bug the hell out of you, the iPhone is yours. If you want a front-facing camera, iPhone 4 is for you (and technically so is the EVO 4G). If you want to see if Apple's claims for the Retina Display are correct, then iPhone 4 is for you.

If AT&T is not what you want, DROID Incredible is for you. If you want to be able to play with the phone (i.e. flash ROMs) the DROID Incredible is for you. If you like the features of the iPod touch, but don't like Apple's ecosystem, the DROID Incredible is for you. If you are a Google-ite, Google power user, or simply use more than ~3 of Google's services and products, DROID Incredible is for you. If you feel like Apple's multitasking is a little bit of a joke, DROID Incredible is for you. If you are tired of Apple in general (claims, attitude, closed) DROID Incredible is for you. If you want Flash 10.1, DROID Incredible is for you.

I try to be unbiased, I really do

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just keep in mind that you will be using this for around two years. You will use it everyday; to call, to text, to browse, to play, to work, and who knows what else. Also, go with the service provider that is best. If Verizon sucks for you, don't get the DROID Incredible. What's the point of a phone that doesn't work? Same with the iPhone 4; if AT&T sucks for you, don't use it.

I'd personally go in and try them both out. See which feels better in the hand. Decide on that; after all, for two years that device will call your hand 'home.'

Coming from a DROID Incredible owner, who also is an Apple fanboy.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll be getting the iPod touch G4, almost for sure.