Deciphering .TAP files

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by rexvaldez, Dec 27, 2007.

1. rexvaldez

rexvaldez New Member

Has anyone been able to decipher what the numbers in the .tap files mean? For the life of me, I can't seem to figure it out. I want to be able to make more accurate TTR beats and edit them.
  2. SquidMan

SquidMan New Member

I've been trying to do the same thing. Hoever through looking at them, the 3rd number in each row seems to be time in song to do something. Not sure what the rest mean tho...
  3. AndyQ

AndyQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The first value is the x position where you tapped - this determines which column the tap is set to - column 1 if less than 112, column 2 if greater than 112 but less than 212 otherwise its column 3.

The second value is the y position of a tap (and is set to 400 when the song is loaded)

The third value is the time of the tap (I *think* that this is in seconds but not sure - still trying to figure out the objective c stuff)
  4. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Finally, a member with a helpful and rich first post.

Good job, AndyQ
  5. AndyQ

AndyQ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ta.

I think I've pretty close to understanding the code - unfortunately its for the first version not the current released version and a few things have changed.

However, I am in the process of writing a python app which will allow you to create, preview and edit taps on your PC and if I can get a good ssh library, will allow you to upload directly to the touch. I have about 80% of it done and am just working on the final tweaking now.