Decent Protection Recommendation

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MidnightPyro, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MidnightPyro

MidnightPyro New Member

I'm new here (first post!) and I need some help choosing protection for my new iPod Touch I got for Christmas.

My first question would be: Is it recommended to have protection? My iPod touch will be making the journey with me to school every day in the car, as well as probably lots of time in my backpack or in my pocket, but I don't plan on beating anyone upside the head with it or something.

I've been looking at either the InvisibleShield, the NeoTouch/RebelTouch, or some combination of both.

If you see my cellphone, you can tell that I don't care about an occasional scratch on the cover, but I'd like to keep my screen scratch free. Will the screen covers damage the screen in anyway or create a sticky mess? Do they stay on relatively well?
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would give a definite 'yes' to your question of needing protection. The back scratches very easily, and especially with all of the carrying you'll be doing with your iPod, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I myself am trying to find a good case for a nice price. I've changed my mind a dozen-and-a-half times and I still can't make up my mind.
    I have browsed a bunch of different threads and websites trying to find the "right" case for me. I would first recommend to check out this list of reviews. You can sort it by rating if you want, which is very helpful.

I originally had my eye set on the RebelTouch by SwitchEasy, but then I read the review by iLounge and it was rated a D+. But from the threads around the forum, everybody seems to love it and have no problems with it.
    I also considered combining the RebelTouch with some sort of protector, such as these nicely-priced ones from BSE.

I think that combination is the one I'm going to go with. I'm just spending a lot of time reading online before I take the plunge; I want to get it right the first time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. MidnightPyro

MidnightPyro New Member

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I want something nice that'll work and protect my iPod. As far as the RebelTouch review goes, their major gripe seemed to be the problem with the thing hitting the sleep/wake button.

on SwitchEasy's website, they had a notice posted...
    With the major issue resolved, I might have to consider the RebelTouch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Then again though, it's been mentioned that the RebelTouch/Neotouch scratches the back of the iPod Touch, which is no good either.