DecalGirl Skin with photoshop

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Flipzter, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I want to make a custom decalgirl skin. I downloaded the template and have the picture I want, but I have no idea how to use photoshop to add the picture onto the template. Anyone use photoshop and know how to do this? It's a psd file.
  2. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I did one of these two days ago for a coworker, post up the files and I can do it for you.
  3. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    OO thanks man. Files attatched.

Attached Files:

4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Okay...I added the picture to the template, there are two different ways you can have the image, I added it both ways and you can choose, note that the pink lines are the cute lines....let me know

Attached Files:

5. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Looks Great beeshabo. What size did you make the pic so it would fit like that? I kept trying to resize and copy as new layer but didnt know what the hell i was doing.

And is it possible to make a double image so you have the face on the front and back?
  6. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Lol, I added a little bit of a surface blur to the image so that when I resized it, it wouldn't look pixelated, because it was a little too small for the template, then I just put it in the art layer.

So, which way would you like it? or I can just attach the PSD file and you can toy with it
  7. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    LOL. I like both. Turned out great. Dont see anything I can actually toy with. But, is it possible to put her face on both sides? Hate to bother ya, but I might as well ask since you're offering

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sure!! not a problem...at all =)
  9. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    can you include a small explanation on how you do the one with 2 faces? I cant seem to get the image size right to fit into a frame of that template. If they refuse this b/c it's from the game WOW and they dont do copyrighted material, I'll try to make another with a different pic.
  10. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I was going to ask you that, if they allowed this because of copyright, I don't know why they'd have an issue..but they might!!

Okay,
    1) Open the PSD file and the Image file (you're using as art)
    2) Drag/Copy the image onto the PSD file, it will create a new layer, but just position that layer under "Art", delete the stock "layer 2" under art.
    3) Make sure all layers are visible, you'll then see exactly what you have to do to fit the image to the template.
    4) To resize the image, hit Ctrl+T (or Command+T on a mac)
    5) Hold Shift (to keep the image proportioned) and pull/drag the anchor point until you reached the desired size.

Since the image is a jpg, it will lose resolution if you make it too big, so what I did was I added a surface blur, this way when I resized it, some of the resolution is preserved, well not preserved, but tricked Lol.

EDIT: I'm getting errors when trying to upload the flattened PSD file, I might have to email it to you..I'll keep trying though