Debugging WinPWN?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by freelancer91, Apr 29, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I was following the instructions in the WinPWN guide that has been stickied. However, when I started the "Ipwner" process, WinPWN asked me to debug it. Has anyone else had this problem. If so, how do I fix it?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Did you put the iTunes.dll files in the program file directory? Can't remember if it related to this but there was also the issue with Net Frameworks 2.0 needing to be installed.
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't remember it saying that in the guide. Maybe I missed it.

EDIT: I went into explorer and went to itunes and found a file named itunes.dll. I copied and pasted it into the cmw folder with winpwn. I tried the process again but had the same problem. However I noticed the error that it is giving me in the debug window. "An exception 'System.DllNotFoundException' has occurred in winpwn.exe" Where do I find this file?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    The iTunes.dll files are a must for winpwn
  5. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you see the edit?
  6. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Go into C: Drive, go to program files, and go to the folder that says cmw and make sure you have the Dll's in that folder. If not, delete the dll's and redownload or if the problem continues reboot your computer, and reinstall WinPwn (including the dll's).
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I can send you those files if you don't have a link.
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled winpwn (fortunately, I still had the .zip.). I went into Program Files/Itunes/Itunes Resources/ and got the itunes.dll and put it inside the winpwn folder. Then I started the process just like it says in the guide. I got the same debug error message. Can I have the files that you offered please? Thanks in advance.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It's two different files that need to be placed. Can you PM me with and email or do you have an IM I can drop the files in?
  10. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, I pwned my ipod, but the guide said that when I was done, it would boot with a slide icon. This is my first time pwning it and it booted in recovery mode. Do I go into itunes and restore it?

EDIT: Also, I tried to open the ipsw builder but the only thing I could do was change the images and select installer. When I tried to add things like mobile terminal, it would not check. It was like it was grayed out. There were only two tabs on top, the payload tab and the images tab. There was no 3rd tab like it shows in the guide.