Debate Section

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Abcmsaj, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Myself and x6Blues love to debate stuff.

For example, I just made 2 threads in the Off Topic section where I'd like to spark a debate where we all can share our thoughts and let off steam.

In this section,

Swearing would be allowed. As long as it's not extreme and in every other word..

Politics is a no no.

Debate Section Please!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wasn't this asked for before? Well, a debate section would only fall into Flame wars, Warnings, Infractions, and Bans.
  3. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

I believe the purpose of a debate section is to deterr from those happening.
  4. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd love to see a debate section. I love debating about anything even philosophies and hypothetical situations. Im a veteran of my schools debate team also.
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Let's debate the debate section!
    But it ain't happening. Look at those childish, ignorant, and just plain sad users like jpga13. Ew, ewer, and ewest is what I say.

Only way it would be plausible is if it was heavily, heavily moderated like every single comment by one such as the awfully talented Joseph.
    Or awarded to a select few who sent me cakes in a pan, pancakes, and flapjacks (All the same, hell nah)

Although it would be great. On the comcast forums, it has its moments of interest/intuitive discussion, but then again they're mostly in the 20+ club and the 12 yr olds would get annoying

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    People have different points. Combine that with the average maturity of this forum. It will not turn out well. It won't be long until someone makes fun of one another's mother etc etc.
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yay

Drama is always fun though...
  8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

iPod Touch Fans is like Oz without all the "Dropping of the soap incidents" as well as shanks

9. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    It would keep everything tidier and you could have a mod specific for that section to keep things in complete order. - Joseph is good at debating, he can help clean up the crap.

10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And then who is going to moderate the rest of the forum if he has to clean up the Debate section? SkylarEC? Bgizzle? They're the only ones who seem active lately aside from Joseph. But barely.

Danls92 and AlexRADL seem to have vanished from the face of this forum. Danls92 only popping up once every couple months.