Release Deathdealer Theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 29, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

May not be for all but it is my taste, it includes Homescreen&Icons/Lockscreen&Slider/and Battery.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Attached Files:

2. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no offense, but it looks just the underworld theme... no good.

the icons dont "fit" they have black/white borders!??? the slide to unlock i terrible

are you using MS Paint to do this!?
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

No I am using Paintnet by Photoshop, and I don't see what your saying about the icons but that is your opinion and I appreciate it. In my opinion the 2 themes are similar but different because they both deal with vampyres, but one is more towards the movie Underworld and the Deathdealer is just about vampyres. I can take the negative, but on the other site some like them but you can't please everyone. I just get bored with the plain themes and the clear icon ones, but everyone has their own tastes.

Thanks, The Crow
  4. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Icons are terrible, They are all over the place, different shapes and sizes. Some have some reflection on, its very easy to tell that you have just poorly ripped them from somewhere.

The wallpaper is mega busy, as is the dock, they clash with each other.

The lockscreen slider is also terrible, its a rectangle, easily cut out/resized from a picture.

Also Paint.net is not made by photoshop.

5. mgiljum

mgiljum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol, for the slider did you google "sword" and copy/paste it in?

everything clashes, try to make everything flow a bit better
  6. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

- thanks for backin me manic.

If you are using Paint.Net your result should be much better then that.. you might as well have been using MS Paint.

Try GIMP
    and follow some tutorials about using masks, and blending edges...and...well.. follow them all
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

So your saying that all icons should be square or all should be rounded, and how else do members find icons other than searching them out on a browser? I know you can use Paintnet and draw or create your own icons, but I don't think it deserved such a harsh report on my first attempt. Thanks for your comments but with such talk it almost discourages people from attempting another theme, because your comments are not helpful but negative.

Cheers, The Crow.
  8. Manic Nimrod

The icons can be square, circle, triangle etc etc. i couldn't care at all what shape they are.

I doubt members would be looking/making new icons because to be frank, no one would be using this theme.

The reason i gave you the 'harsh' report is that you did the same thing 2 or 3 times, take crappy icons, busy wallpaper etc.

Here is a helpful 'report' then.

Scrap it. Simple. Get rid of it and start over.

Instead of taking icons and cutting them out poorly, take time to work on them. Make the same style, not 10 different styles.

Use a simple wallpaper that does not conflict with the icons. and a dock for that matter.

You need to learn how to use the programs, not whack in an image, cut it, save it. etc.

Look at tutorials online. Read up on techniques.

Also, i use photoshop, not Paint.net.

----------

Themes like this need to stop, they are a horror to the eyes, and are just look like 5 minute, half assed jobs.

Take my reply any way you want, ignore it, whatever.

9. The Crow

The Crow Banned

First off I did not say you use Paint.Net and I did not even know what you use, all I said is that I use Paint.Net. You might not like it but on Modmyi, they have nice comments and good critisizim and some have downloaded my themes so some like it. You say that all icons should be simpler and the background should be less distracting, but the whole idea of creating a theme is to carry the theme from the wallpaper to the icons. I see many themes on here that are so plain and so simple, and they also look like themes that I have seen just by typing free themes on Google. How else do you find icons other than just to use a browser or try to attempt to create your own on what ever program you use?
  10. Manic Nimrod

No one replied to your thread on Mofmyi.

You had to bump it. ModMyi users have hardly little graphical sense, you can tell as most of the themes there are like this. And the decent ones get shoved to the back pages.

I never said simple icons. Hell the theme Round 2, the most detailed iPhone theme. Nice and simple wall paper witch does not conflict with the icons. If that was posted at ModMyi it would get pushed away.

'and they also look like themes that I have seen just by typing free themes on Google.'

Lol, thats all i have to say about that.

You dont just go and 'find' the icons, thats just stealing, if your going to steal, then steal decent icons, I'm not saying that stealing decent icons is ok, but use them for yourself.

Once again, take time to create your own icons, members can then request you to make some more or make some themselves with a template.

I've said what i've needed to.