Death grip issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikeums, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Mikeums

Mikeums New Member

I have an iphone 4 that I bought the 1st day it came out.

it has death grip, if I was to lets say complain to apple at a store and make them give me a new referb one for mine would that solve death grip someone said they started to make newer models that fixed it a little bit, is this true? or would i be buying the same phone again?

cuz my friends home button is smaller then mine and he got his referb from apple cuz his 3g wasnt working on his iphone 4
  2. guy123456

guy123456 Member

u could try.. but i think all theyll do is give u a bumper
  3. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I also have the death grip. Tried going to the Apple store. Thy told me I could either put a case on it or return the phone.
  4. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the official reason for the deathgrip issue was a programming error (basically the iPhone displayed 5 bars, when it should have displayed far less). So the death grip should only take your phone down 1 or 2 bars. The programming error has since then been fixed, but I'm not sure if the fix is in a baseband update, or just the iOS.
  5. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Not really...
    The main reason is the way the put the antennas in the phone. I read that if you push on that specific spot it makes 2 antennas touch and messes up the connect temporarily...
  6. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Really?
    I remember reading both on here, and on CNN that it was a programming issue... My bad I guess.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just glad I'm not experiencing problems.
  7. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

That was to me, just a cover up by apple to hide a flaw in the design (Steve wants us to believe apple are perfect). Since after the update, people got way less signal than they got with other phones.

And the perfection thing, go look at the stories about the latest reason why the white iPhone 4 is delayed. My point exactly.