Dealing with long song names?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AussieGuy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. AussieGuy

AussieGuy Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Most of my music is classical, and my songs have names like "Symphony No. 4 in G major, 1 - Allegro ma non troppo". The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be any way of adjusting the font size of the names display, or of scrolling through the name (that is, scrolling right to left).

Or is there some trick of which I'm not aware? I mean, I could go through iTunes and rename every title to something short and snappy, but that would take a fair while. I'd like to keep my long descriptive names, but have some way of reading all of each one.

Thanks,
    -A.
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Get with the 21st century... theres an idea
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Try going into coverflow while your song is playing. Then you should be able to see most of the title at the bottom. I think apple will have an update to make the titles slide around when they run out of important things to update
  4. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why not try FontSwap from Cydia? You'll probably be able to find the right font to fit most, if not all of the title. It'll change the font TYPE, but not really sure about the SIZE. Maybe you can find a small font type.
  5. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Actually, in 3.0, the song title is smaller in the lock screen than it is in Cover Flow, so you should be able to see most of it there..
  6. lolwut37

lolwut37 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why do you try to abbreviate or shorten the song names?