Deal breaker: Calendar appointments

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PleezAcceptThisUserName, Apr 11, 2010.

1. PleezAcceptThisUserName

PleezAcceptThisUserName New Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I have an iPod Touch. The back plate claims the model is A1213. However, Settings->General->About claims that the model is MA623LL. I just upgraded the iPhone OS for iPod Touch to version 3.1.3.

I am looking into migrating from the Palm Clie to my current iPod Touch, to a newer iPod Touch, or to an iPhone. I have two issues with the calendar appointment alerts.

First is that, without earbuds, the speaker issues an alert sound that is barely audible. With some web research, however, I'm sure that this will not be the case with newer models. Is this correct?

Secondly, the alert sound is only issued once, meaning you miss the appointment if you miss the single alert. I suspect that this is a function of either the Calendar app or iPhone OS for iPod Touch, meaning that this still the case with currently sold iPod Touches and iPhones. Is this correct? Is there a way to change the alert so that it repeats the alert sound every two minutes?

After some websearching, the impression I get is that there may be other calendar apps, but one has to use the native iPhone calendar if one wants to synch to Outlook. I *must* want to sync to Outlook (appointments, contacts, notes/memos), and I have to do so through the USB cable and iTunes on Windows XP, not through WiFi (which web searching leads me to think is unencrypted).