dead pixels

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by makaveldon04i, Jan 20, 2008.

1. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

okay...i have a week 47 ipod, and i have 1 dead pixel in like bottom middle of my i touch...its not very viable, but it still annoys me, because i spent a lot of money on my i pod, and i dont want it to have dead pixels and ect ect...and for my wifi, it takes me 2-3 tries to connect to wifi since it says 'unable to connect'...so i was wondering if id be able to return my ipod, and exchange for a new one, and hope that itll be good....(i bought it 2 days ago)
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should be able to get a exchange
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

thought so, because the ipod is working well, just for a few minor glitches...plus, im thinking of getting a 16 GB instead of an 8gb
  4. daisydukes12

daisydukes12 New Member

Try playing that dead pixel fix video and while its playing try rubbing on that dead pixel until the video is finished.
    but just to keep you safe, since the video flickers so freaking fast and bright try not to put your face on the screen so close kinda step back. because watching stuff like that in long periods of time on a large screen can sometimes trigger seizures. not trying to scare you but since the screen is smaller it shouldn't hurt you

Please Register or Log in to view images

but if that doesn't work, try this site to help you out http://http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/ its for the iphone but iam positive it should work for you itouch too.
  5. user.exe

user.exe New Member

don't try this videos in any way on your iPod. It could make the situation worse. I've already had this situation with PSP and instead of 2 lazy pixels I've got 7. And I have 3 subpixels dead on my iPod too (such an unlucky person). It's kinda annoying when you are looking at the black screen. But it can't disturb you in any other way. So, just forget about them
    BTW, you can't get rid of dead pixels, only of lazy ones (they looks like a "rainbow", in different colours)