Dead Pixels

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jelly, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I thought I had three dead pixels on my iPod Touch 2G. One in the bottom left, one at the top, one in the right corner. They weren't too noticeable, but I paid sooo much for it, might as well see what Apple can do. I went to the store yesterday and they told me it was actually dust under the screen. They replaced it, even though I had three noticeable dents and a million scratches. She (Apple Genius) made me promise not to let that happen again and buy a case. She told me they don't usually replace iPods with dead pixels or dust. So, I got lucky.

P.S. ALWAY's make an appointment with the Genius bar. I went in at 11:30am. They told me the nearest bookable appointment was 3:00!

P.P.S. I got an Incase Slider. Better than any other case I had for a day and then dusted.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Jim Ver

Jim Ver New Member

So your point is ?? And Death pixels and dust under the screen is covered by the 1 year garanty that comes standart with the ipod touch and the iphone. So if its within the year garanty they sould replace it or repair it.

But you're luckey a new ipod without scatches. But i prefer the Rebel or the Neo touch over the incase slider because dust gets in the volume openings of the slider.
  3. Jelly

Jelly Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S

Please Register or Log in to view images

I just want to help out the people who have stuck pixels and are thinking of replacing. Apple customer service is really friendly.
  4. moabal

moabal New Member

Thats actually bull cause they do replace dead pixel ipods. I had to replace my iPod Touch 2g 5 times. The current one has a dead pixel. I just give up.