Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Joe91, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Joe91

Joe91 New Member

I ordered a 32GB Touch from the Apple Store in Australia online on Sunday and it arrived today. When I plugged it into the PC and opened iTunes, the boot screen popped up and I noticed a dead pixel in the bottom right hand corner. My heart sank. I have heard people say before that Apple will not replace the Touch if it only has one dead pixel so I was a little worried. I called Apple here, and apart from the fact I could barely understand the call centre guy, he was really helpful. I was then put thru to another department and they arranged for the courier to pick up the iPod from my home address and they will send another one on the same day once the courier has confirmed he has the package - so the new one should arrive on Friday (according to them).

I am pretty happy the way they are handling it. Ordered on Sunday, arrived Tuesday - will have new one on Friday. Always assuring when you get quality customer service - I have been buying iPod's since they first came out and this is the first problem I have ever had, and I have done plenty of hacking and jailbreaking.

Anyway, thought I'd share my little story for those interested.
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

Lol same with me! I had a dead pixel, told amazon I was sending It back and they sent one back to me the next day before I had even sent the old one off!

Amazon is great