Dead pixel returns deal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jonwilson1988, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jonwilson1988

jonwilson1988 New Member

ok i was watching a movie on my plane ride to egypt last week and realised that there were a number of white pixels on the screen that shouldnt be there. a number of them were in the centre of the screen froming a near triangle shape and a few int he top corner.

As i rearley use my ipot to watch movies and mainly use the music ive never really noticed them before but when i move my home icons to a clean black screen or drew a black canvas on sketchies you can see theres alot of them.

Is there a number per inch that is required for a return? or does it depend how nice the people int he apple shop are?

thanks.

oh this is a ipot 1G if that helps with anything.

another thing the pixels only appear to be white (and one pink) they only seem to appear on dark colours if that helps also
  2. serjen

serjen New Member

no, you should be able to return it if you have the receipt and its still under warranty no questions asked
  3. jonwilson1988

jonwilson1988 New Member

well i got it in november from the apple store in New york, but now i live in the UK if i still have the reciept do you think they will still let me if i take it to a apple store in manchester?
  4. Steve Pearce

Steve Pearce New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My original iPod Touch was from the US ( bought it from eBay) and when it went wrong I took it to the Apple store in Southampton. They replaced it without a problem, even with no receipt.