Dead Ipod? END OF MY POD OF I?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by musicmaniac6453, May 9, 2008.

1. musicmaniac6453

musicmaniac6453 New Member

okay, this morning i looked at my ipod and it wouldnt turn on. when i got home from school i could get to the slide it but it would freeze when the little light would go through the slide to unlock and that little circle would show up in the middle of the screen. So i tried sliding it when it was freely moveable, i got to a blackscreen and it kept displaying that little circle and went back to the home screen and winSCP says it refuses connection so i cant ssh into it. SO WAT HAPPENED AND WHAT DO I DO? PLEASE HELP ME!!!
  2. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just restore...
  3. musicmaniac6453

how do i do that w/o updating to 1.1.4 and "dejailbreaking"
  4. dwonder3

Device:
    iPod touch
    What firmware are you on?
  5. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

yup sadly that might be the answer ... Restore.... But have u tried restarting ur iPod???? Hold power button plus home button and wait till the screen turns on again and release everything and let the iPod ten on again and see if u can ssh into now.... If this fails and the iPod is still freezing then just restore it

For ur second Q the only way to restore is by deleting everything and unjailbreaking it.... And u should have ur frimware saved somewhere in your computer ... When u open itunes and are ready to restore hit shift+restore so now u can select ur firmware and restore ur iPod ..... Be aware that u WILL loose everything in ur iPod ...
  6. musicmaniac6453

Yea i've tried restarting and i'm running 1.1.1
  7. dwonder3

Device:
    iPod touch
    1.1.1, you reallly should update to 1.1.4.

In 1.1.1, just shift-click restore to 1.1.1 in itunes. Then just go to jailbreakme.com and jailbreak.
  8. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

i h8 when i have to restore

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Alright, here is how to fix your iPod touch, don't worry it's not the end of your 'POD OF I.'

If iTunes cannot recognize the iPod touch when plugged in via USB, you're out of luck for Restore mode. Instead, just enter DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode, by doing one of the following:

a) Using ZiPhone and pressing the 'Prepare for Upgrade' button, all it does is place iPod touch into DFU mode.

b) Using iLibety+ under the 'Other tools' tab press 'Enter DFU Mode' and it will place the iPod touch into DFU mode.

c) With the iPod touch turned off, manually hold down the sleep/home buttons, until you see the Apple logo. Now, proceed with letting go of the power button, but keep holding the home button. This has to be timed correctly, so it may take a few tries.

Once the iPod touch is in DFU mode, and plugged in via USB, iTunes will recognize its in restore mode and prompt you to restore. Click the restore button to restore it to 1.1.4 or hold down the SHIFT button and press restore to select a firmware file (1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3) that you can download from many sites.

Good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. musicmaniac6453

ok so i used iphone browser to get into my ipod becuase ssh isnt working and i found the issue my apps folder is in my root folder, but i cant move it... any tips?