Dead ipod? Blank screen, no power...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JesterDev, Feb 14, 2009.

1. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was trying to jailbreak my ipod 2g, and after itunes put the custom software on there my ipod never rebooted, and is not just dead. Blank screen, no response to anything. Rebooted my computer, tried different usb ports, nothing.

Cannot get into DFU mode because I can't get it to even turn on.

Any help greatly appreciated!
  2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Plug it in and do the DFU routine and you'll be fine.
  3. Clash

Clash New Member

You don't need to turn it on to get it to DFU
  4. JesterDev

JesterDev New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, so maybe I'm doing this wrong. DFU mode: Hold power/home 10 seconds, then just home for 8 or so seconds right?

Been trying that for about 20 minutes and nothing happens. Itunes does not detect anything, and the terminal app does not see my ipod either.
  5. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    wow my story all over again

listen

put your ipod down and be without it for a day

then tomorrow, something inside the ipod is reset or something inside it resets itself.. i can't explain it but if you read my thread you should be able to get a better idea

come back to your ipod a day later and plug it in to your computer.. honestly you should hear your comp. (windows) BEEP BEEP ! new unrecognized device .. and go from there..
  6. elLuSs

elLuSs New Member

first off dont listen to midnight. There are numerous videos on the net to walk you through DFU mode. Try youtube. If you follow the video instruction then your ipod should go into DFU mode. the timing needs to be right and ten seconds isnt always the case. If you still cant get it into DFU mode you have a hardware issue. Or its human error.
  7. knifeproz

knifeproz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i guess im not the only one that had this happen, i waited over night and BEEP worked. dang ipod IS unbrickable
  8. SpainCasillas

SpainCasillas New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    DIDNT work for me my ipod=bricked

I accidently put in my password wrong and it went straight to "ipod disabled connect to itunes screen." As soon as i plugged it in the screen went black, itunes wont recognize it, cant restore, i have tried force restarting,force restoring, and putting it in recovery and DFU mode. I have tried all 4 USB slots on my computer so its not a bad USB slot. I left it overnight to charge via a wall charger to see if the battery was dead and that wasn't the problem. I have 2 different generic apple brand cables and neither worked. The screen is completely black and my computer and itunes wont recognize it. ?I believe it is on quickpwn 2.1 or 2.1.x( i never upgraded the firmware and it is a first gen ipod touch 8gb. WArranty has expired and dont have the money to but a new one. PLEASE HELP MEH!!. I have tried every solution i can find and none have worked. Do you have to have a warranty to get a new ipod from Apple?
    Im sure you do but im desperate so just asking. It has been jailbroken for about a year now it has never died in that year so if its tethered could that be the problem and if so how do i fix it? Keep in mind i have done force restarting holding the home button for 5 seconds or whatever i have tried all that and it doesnt work sooooo ya, HELP!!!!
  9. sherwin123

sherwin123 New Member

same problem.. trying to jailbreak my ipod 2g by unofficalsnow I followed all the directions, but when it went to reboot it never came back on. there is no power.. ive tried plugging it in to the computer but also cannot get into DFU mode because it said, usb not recognized unknown device.. i have done force restarting holding the power and home button for 10seconds or whatever i have tried all that and it doesnt work.. help me pls.. is there anything to fix it?
  10. GslashA

GslashA New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem with IOS 4.1