Dead HD dual questions

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by milfette, Sep 23, 2008.

1. milfette

milfette New Member

Ok so i may have half gotten this one done but Last week my iMac Hardrive died and im stubborn and wont pay for things(remember that line) so i replaced the new HD and tried to get a Chassis to put the old hd so i can get my portfolio, child pictures and 40+gb Library off.

Go figure, the hard drive is dead so who was i kidding. I now know that i may have to take it to a store to see if they can recover the information (i was already quoted $75)

In the mean time, is there a fast and easy way to get my information off a 32gb jailbroken ipod touch? yes i know SSH, but have you ever tried to take mass amounts of information over a USB cord? i know itunes8 can recover some information but remember how i dont like to pay for things? My bf and i have ALOT of cd's that we share as well as 'other sources' that iTunes won't recognize, just the free downloads and apps.

(which is stupid if I paid for the CD's because lets be real, children are cd's WORST enemy!! id re rip the ones i have but they are COVERED in pop from an unfortunate climbing incident)

p.s. When i was telling my coworker of all this, he was wondering if there was a way to get the information off his iPod MINI? he uses windows though so i really had no suggestions.

You guys are so awesome though!! IM SURE i can get help... right??
  2. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

When you say HD you mean hard Drive not High Definition lol

If the iPod MINI is in Disk Mode most of the information can be copied-and-paste-ed into anywhere on your computer. It may be possible to move all your main music and photos files into one specific folder on your iPod touch and then SSH if it's possible with you. Then copy-and-paste using WinSCP or whatever other program you wanna use.

I can't mention any advice on Hard Drive inaqualities sorry. Good luck.

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Awesome Username lol
  3. milfette

milfette New Member

yea, i guess i could have used full words once in that post but im awesome like that

My hard drive was ginding and chrunching so when i rebooted it gave me a flashing file folder with question mark. If i saw a sad mac face i might have smiled about it for a second

(thanks btw!)
  4. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

Yeah lol that is really not good, (duh!) but the only thing i would say is take it to an Apple Store..sorry that I can't help out more than that.

btw is your 32GB iPod touch jailbroken? If so you can install the application MobileFinder and then copy-and-paste inside the iPod touch onto a file in the directory "/" or wherever you find it best. Hope this helps. I don't mind being asked noobish questions either, everyone started somewhere lol.