Dead Black Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Baha, May 5, 2009.

1. Baha

Baha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK so my jailbroken Ipod touch one day went all white and it wouldn't respond.
    I tried to restart it and it switched off but then the screen went black

Now it wont respond. When I plug it on my computer iTunes detects it and I can see the contents, sync it etc etc

I put it in DFU mode and restored it (like 7 times) and nothing changes.

Right now I plug it back in after letting the battery run out and sometimes i hear the USB noise like it disconnects from my PC (without unpluggin) it disappears from itunes and then after like a minute it connects again.

Update: The ipod all of a sudden went all white again. And Now its gray. I can Lock and Unlock my ipod using the touch screen slider and the button on top but the screen is all white.

Any ideas how to fix it or should i take it to apple?
    The problem is I live in Venezuela and I bought my ipod through amazon. Now I have to find a way to send it back to the US and get it fixed

After 3 months is there still warranty? How long does the warranty last?
  2. Baha

Baha New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No answer... I assume this means my ipod is deaddd
  3. Weeezy

Weeezy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Over the past week I've have been having alot of issues with mine that are similar. Hold the hold & home buttons for 5-10 seconds and let it reset while not plugged into the usb.

I was getting the white screen, the black screen that wouldn't respond to normal button presses, and random shutdowns while playing music. After resetting as I described above I went into settings -> reset all settings and then reset the network settings and its has been working just fine ever since. Good luck!
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Once you go black you never go back
  5. Weeezy

Weeezy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not really...I went back.
  6. Buried

Buried New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've had this problem, seems like a glitch, just cold-reebot (Hold the lock and home button simultaneously) and wait for the screen to come alive again.