Dead Back light?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ezzo, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Ezzo

Ezzo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm not sure if anyone read my last post about 1st gen touch getting soaked and dying but I ended up taking it to a repair who cleaned it and got it working again. Everything seems to be working, I have all my data, and the wifi still works (surprisingly). The only problem is the the screen won't light up, I can see if I hold up to an external light but other than that its pretty dark. The repair guy said he tried putting in a new LCD but it didn't do anything. My girlfriend had the same problem with her iphone screen when she knocked it in the sink, and and after a week or so it just started working again. Is this a common occurrence? I don't want to go to the trouble and expense of getting a new touch if there's a chance this one could revive it self.
  2. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I had the same thing happen to my original ipod touch. However, the incident was not water related. After about a day and restoring a few times the problem went away fine and never occurred again.
  3. Ezzo

Ezzo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm, I think this one is definitely water related so I'm not sure restoring it would fix it. I don't have enough space to back up all the music on my iPod so I don't want risk losing it all on a long-shot.