Dead 1g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Boiler_81, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Boiler_81

Boiler_81 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have a 1g which is completely dead. I can not get it to respond to any key. It will not go into DFU and itunes does not see it. Is there anything else I can do?
  2. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU mode is a black screen, so you can't tell if it is on or off. If you can, charge your iPod, then plug it in the computer. If that doesn't work, restart iTunes, restart your computer, reinstall iTunes, or try another computer.

If it still cannot be recognized by iTunes in DFU mode, then it doesn't work. You will probably need a repair, or you need to get a new one.
  3. Snowballwarrior

Snowballwarrior Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Plug it into a charger for an entire day, then while plugged into a computer try to put into DFU mode more than 10 times, then post back if it works or not. You must be very exact with DFU mode, you can use the redsn0w program if you need good countdown timing for DFU mode.
  4. Boiler_81

Boiler_81 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am away from the ipod for a few days. I will try it at the end of the week.
  5. Boiler_81

Boiler_81 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well, it appears this one is dead. I am sure it is not worth getting fixed. Thanks for the suggestions.
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You should wait for the iPod touch G4 if you're still interested in the iDevices.

It should be here in September.
  7. Boiler_81

Boiler_81 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It is my daughter's, I think she will just pick one up off of Craig's list. She is living the life of a poor college student right now.