Date of Pwnage Tool 2.0 Release!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by piratetom95, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    not really....

but tomorrow (july 20) is my birthday
    and i think if Pwnage Tool 2.0 were to come out tomorrow... THAT WOULD BE THE GREATEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!
  2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

OMG, no one gives a toss, stop spamming.
  3. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You know what i'm wondering. When pwnage was first made it was called the alpha & omega...the start and end of all jailbreaks. It was said that it didn't matter which firmware you used, the pwnage tool is so low level on the jailbreak that Apple would need to change the hardware for them to disable it. So now that we're on firmware 2.0, why doesn't pwnage just jailbreak it? I thought it didn't matter which firmware you had?
  4. coldani

coldani New Member

2.0 brings about a brand new structure/framework for the iphone and the ipt. In this case, the guys behind Pwnage/winpwn, and the dev team need to rewrite the whole jailbreaking process, which isn't the easiest thing to do in the world. So, in turn, we must wait until they are done.
  5. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

So then that whole spiel about it can "jailbreak any firmware" wasn't true. A new jailbreak still has to be written...so pwnage is the same as any other jailbreaking method like iLiberty for example since it has to be written again.
  6. iTouchCesar

iTouchCesar New Member

from my understanding it was the end all be all to jailbreaking the firmware of both iPhone and iPod touch and could succesfuly any version of the OS. But with 2.0 apple decided to change the OS and introduce cocoa witch is a different platform completely.
  7. jap

jap Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

You need more attention ? Why starting thread like this....
  8. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well technically it was, you have to understand tho that in order to pwn a firmware tho pwnage has to patch the firmware prior to install. Because 2.0 basically rewrites everything the devteam had to studie the makeup of the new firmware and determin what files needed to be patched and how they needed to be patched.

Also I would like to add apple did release new hardware that supports 2.0, and that is the much talked about iphone 3g. So the devteam had to even go the extra mile and figure out a exploit in the 2.0 firmware itself so you could do a direct jailbreak in 2.0 since it is impossible for the average person to downgrade the 3g to 1.1.4.

On a final note, as mentioned the devteam had to find a exploit directly in 2.0 so that everyone who upgraded can pwn instead of having to go through the painfull process of downgrading. Which is a new thing because if you remember, pwnage used to rely on you having a prejailbroke 1.1.4 using ziphone or iliberty. The new pwnage however does not require you to be prejailbroken to pwn the device, so this itself is a new feature.

So give them time, they are having to go through some huge leaps and bounds to make this software usuable for everyone. Besides it isnt that bad, you can tide yourself over with the appstore freebies untill the devteam gets finished. If anything we sould thank them for taking their personal time to make pwnage so we can get the most out of out devices

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.