Date missing from Calendar icon

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dagwaging, Nov 24, 2008.

1. dagwaging

dagwaging New Member

As stated, my Calendar app's icon no longer displays the date, just an empty square with red bar on top. I have my iPod jailbroken (of course), running 2.2 FW and it's a first-gen. I have installed Cydia, Installer, WinterBoard, AppShare, [PIRACY]us, BossPrefs, MobileTerminal, Categories, Finder, and a number of games. I also get a dialog saying:

UNINSTALL_ICON_TITLE
    UNINSTALL_ICON_BODY
    [UNINSTALL...] [UNINSTALL...]

when I press the X to uninstall an app.
    I believe it to be a SpringBoard.strings problem, but I've replaced it several times without effect. Can anyone help me with this, possibly providing replacement strings files from their own iPod touch 2.2 1G?
    I tried turning off all Winterboard tweaks, which did nothing, syncing with iTunes, which did nothing, looking into MobileCal.app's Info.plist to see if it had the SBCalendarApplicationIcon tag, it did. I really don't want to restore, either.

Forgot to mention, when I install apps it displays a bunch of layered text beneath the app during install and loading, instead of "installing" and "loading".
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Isn't there something in Cydia that does that? See if that's the problem
  3. dagwaging

dagwaging New Member

I'm afraid I don't understand; something in Cydia that does what?
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe that there is a tool that gets rid of the Calendar date for download in Cydia. Maybe if you install it, run it, and then revert?
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would just restore and get a clean start, fix all your registries
  6. dagwaging

dagwaging New Member

Like I said, I don't really want to restore :/
    I'll see if I can find anything in Cydia pertaining to the Calendar icon, if you find the specific app name, tell me...

EDIT: Found it, BossPrefs MobileCal Patch, installing now...

EDIT: Removed it, no change. Still no numbers on icon.

EDIT: That's not my only problem though, if you can help with the others, post it!

EDIT: Okay, apparently I can't even open the Calendar app anymore. That didn't happen before I applied and reverted the BossPrefs patch...

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: Okay, I think it's a SpringBoard.strings problem, in that I replaced my SpringBoard.strings with an old version from a < 2.0 FW iPod or iPhone. Can someone please upload their /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.strings/English.lproj/SpringBoard.app ONLY IF YOU HAVE A FW 2.2 1G IPOD TOUCH.

EDIT: Okay, found a replacement SpringBoard.strings file here, so if anyone else has this problem, COME TO THIS THREAD. This fixed the Calendar issue, and the dialog box issue, as well as the loading apps issue.