date and time wrong

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kogama, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kogama

kogama New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have a 8gb ipod touch and it keeps giving me the wrong time and date and everything????????

i live in new jersey and its giving me time and date for some place called cupertino???? my pc time is correct and i did it manually on my ipod its still wrong????????????????????????????????? even the weather is wrong?

i dont want to restore ...

also im a noob at ipod so what exactly does restoring do.. gets rid of everything on your ipod right? then its easily fixed by 1 sync from itunes right??
  2. White_Fang

White_Fang New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have had this problem as well. I am not sure exactly how to fix it but it has stopped since I set the time twice so I would have to say that you might just have to deal with it.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Cupertino is where Apple's main offices are located. It's Cupertino, California to be exact.

You've set it to New Jersey?
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Do you have the correct time zone in your pc?
  5. webdiver11

webdiver11 New Member

Hi,
    I am having the same issue with my iPod touch 16G. I changed the time zone in the unit to match the time zone on my computer and for some reason, it keeps changing the time zone back to Caracas (Venezuela) as soon as I sync the unit . It then changes the time on the Touch to the Caracas local time. I live in Puerto Rico, which follows the Atlantic time zone. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  6. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

I had this problem too, and this is how I fixed it and it seems to work so far. You go into itunes, and go up to edit > preferences > Devices. On that screen there is a table with the last few backup files of your ipod with the wrong date and time set with them. Click on each of the backup files and delete them. Then set the date, time, and time zone on your ipod. Connect your ipod to your computer, sync, and it'll be the correct time and such.
  7. bellamire

bellamire New Member

Just go to Settings>General>Date and Time on your iPod...weird the same thing just happened to me last night and this morning.
  8. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same here, I dunno what Time Zone it's gone into, but apparently its the 4th January and 16:34.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. tddots

tddots Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea I did reset the time twice. Then it's ok until now.
  10. webdiver11

webdiver11 New Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried them, but unfortunately with no avail. I did notice while trying your suggestions that the time was moved back to the Caracas time zone as soon as I connected the Ipod to the computer, even without syncing the unit. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.