I updated my iTunes to 8.1 last night and ever since then I can't sync my iPod without this error. It eventually will sync but it seems to take 15-20 minutes to even start to transfer anything when it used to be less than a minute. I've tried googling it and trying whatever "fixes" I could find but no luck so far. I've tried: Syncing to another PC Reinstalling iTunes completely (uninstalling all apple programs) Restarting the Apple Mobile Device Restarting my PC Unplugging my iPod Touch and plugging it back in Clearing my Sync History Now I get both the error and I have to reinstall the drivers for my iPod every time I plug it in for some reason. Also, iTunes seems to be freezing a lot when I never had a problem before. My iPod is jailbroken 2G iPod Touch and I'm using Windows 7, it's not the OS causing it.