databook or calendar app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by saz25, Dec 26, 2007.

1. saz25

saz25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    I am considering an Ipod touch. I've been using a Palm for more than a decade; currently an m515, but I've had all sorts of Palm PDAs over the years.

Does the Ipod touch come with a calendar or datebook app? If so, can you easily import this type of data into the Ipod touch from a Palm? Is there a phonebook/contacts type of app?

Do many people use the touch as a PDA or it is primarily a music/video device?

Thanks in advance,
    Steve
  2. chopshop

chopshop New Member

There is a calendar app. I'm not sure about how to import your old calendar from the palm, but if you have outlook (on a pc, iCal on a mac) you might be able to import your palm calendar into that on your computer and then sync it with the iPod Touch.

As a previous palm user, the only possible drawback that I found was the lack of handwriting recognition ability. I have gotten faster typing on the pop-up keyboard, but I was very fast with the palm. You will want to jailbreak the iPod Touch to get the most out of it.
  3. saz25

saz25 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi,
    Being a PC user, is there an alternative app for syncing the ipod touch besides MS Outlook?
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve