Data Plan and new Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanks111890, Sep 14, 2010.

1. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    So it's time for my 2 year update on verizon and I want an Android phone or if my dad's company switches to ATT I clearly want the iPhone 4. My parents are refusing to get a data plan for my phone(I told them I would pay), only my dad's phone would get it.

I have a part time job and I already pay for gas and insurance and what not. So i told them I'd pay an extra 10 bucks a week on top of what I pay now to cover the data plan and insurance. My mom was having none of it, but my dad said if I gave him good reasons for it he'd think about it.

So I ask you guys what are some good reasons for a data plan to tell my parents, clearly I know why it's god for me?
  2. naveen94

naveen94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well if u play any school sports and u take the bus it can help with ur homework

it helps with GPS and it also tells you where to eat lol
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    google directions, check mail, facebook, winning bets?
  4. cjainy

cjainy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    $30 a month for 2 GB plan, need a data plan anyways to activate your iPhone, the iPhone uses data for practically every feature (app store, safari, google maps, iTunes, Weather, youtube; these are just some of the apps that come preinstalled), the phone is centered around data usage.

I hope I'm not persuading you to avoid buying an iPhone lol..
  5. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea i was talking to JKK about this in my android thread before and i have some ideas to convince.

Basically I got a good guilt trip about how i work two jobs and go to college, i sacrificed living at school because it doesnt make sense when its only 10 min away even though i really want to and we will see what happens lol