Darthpod trouble

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mcarter7190, Sep 15, 2008.

1. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just got a darthpod and am trying to install it but I cannot get my original back off my iPod. I know you probably can't do it with the plastic pieces they provide you with but I tried with a knife among many other tools but end up just scratching my iPod. I look around the forum and everyone seems to be able to at least somewhat successfully unclasp the back of their iPod. Am I missing something or should I just keep trying because I would rather not ruin my iPod.

I'm looking for maybe an in depth tutorial or an ideal tool for doing this and also where to start trying to unclasp the back. Any help is much appreciated.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. brisingr

brisingr New Member

try removing the top first.
  3. imallama

imallama New Member

hlk

start at the top corner that is near the power button or the wireless black thingy. just wiggle the pick into the top and just slide it from one side to the other. what i found worked was getting a super small flathead screwdriver. just sticking that into the gap the pick left and wiggle it a little makes the case come up pretty easily. good luck with putting the new case back on, man THAT was a hard.