iOS 4.1 Darn PkgBackup

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by LazerNarwhal, Oct 10, 2010.

1. LazerNarwhal

LazerNarwhal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I installed PkgBackup and decided to delete it. I still have a group called PkgBackup Data on my iPod and it's getting annoying. I've tryed syncing with Windows Contacts and replacing data, but it doesn't work. Any help?
  2. dude245

dude245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    use ifile and delete it? it shouldnt matter that much or use the iphone contacts to delete it
  3. LazerNarwhal

LazerNarwhal Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can't find it with iFile and there is no delete button for groups. I wish Apple could let you acually delete groups, photos etc. without having to sync with iTunes.
  4. petrkk

petrkk New Member

How to Delete PkgBackup Group from Iphone

Hi, i have solved this problem, but it is not easy.
    You need the winscp with ssh access into your Iphone to set permissions and privileges.

1. Sync with Itunes and backup your contacts (I have used windows addressbook)
    2. Delete the PkgBackup from the Win Addressbook
    3. Copy the Win Addressbook elsewhere - backup it
    4. Copy this file to your computer: /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb and make one more copy elsewhere(orig+update)
    5. Download this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sql...0 beta1/sqlitebrowser_200_b1_win.zip/download
    6. Copy it somwhere and run the EXE
    7. Open the DB file AddressBook.sqlitedb wit the SQL
    8. Click browse data and change the table to sqlite_sequence
    9. Edit row with ABGroup - doubleclick the number and add correct number, if no Groups is here 0(if there where Groups, and is here 3, edit it to 2) and apply changes
    10. Now change the table to ABGroup and delte the Group with PkgBackup(mark the entry and hit Delete Record)
    11. Hit Save changes to the database file and exit this program
    12. WinScp into you Iphone and copy the edited AddressBook.sqlitedb over /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook/AddressBook.sqlitedb
    13. On the file AddressBook.sqlitedb in your Iphone hit right mouse button in the WinSCP and choose Properties. Set the Permissions to 775.
    14. Exit all Programs and reboot your Iphone
    15. The Group is deleted and contacts may be here

Please Register or Log in to view images

if not, you make
    somewhere mystake, becouse this worked for me.
    16. You can backup the file from Iphone and Sync with Itunes to AddressBook.
  5. Flyinhornet

Flyinhornet New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Everybody is talkin. Go to App Store and install Group Contact Lite free. Open the app and go to groups and delete easily. Finito