Darkened area on lower left part of screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PlooBloo, Nov 7, 2008.

1. PlooBloo

PlooBloo New Member

Hi, everyone. I hope I am posting in the right section. I recently bought my 2nd gen iPod Touch, but when I turned it on today, I noticed this darkened, grayish area on the bottom left corner of the screen. When I try to click on my apps, nothing happens and I noticed that my music icon (which is close to the dark area) is always being "pressed on" even though I'm not touching it. It seems like that darkened area is messing with my screen and making it seem as though I am pressing on that area and the area surrounding it. Is there some way I can fix this or should I just go to the Apple Store and ask them to fix it? Thanks.
  2. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Sounds like a hardware issue, not something you can fix with a restore. I would take it Apple, but it wouldn't hurt to try a restore. I doubt that will fix it, but might as well try and see if you can save yourself the hassle.
  3. PlooBloo

PlooBloo New Member

Thanks. Guess I'll go try now.

Okay, I tried restoring, but now it's stuck on a white screen.. The gray area is still there since the white bg just shows it better.

I unfroze it, but now it just turns white, fades out, then shuts off.

-----------
    Nope, it didn't help. It got really hot though. I'm guessing it overheated somehow and affected the screen first. Guess I'll just have to make a trip to the store.

Thanks for your help.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If it's overheating and leading to issues like that, then yeah, head to an Apple Store and have a talk with the employees at the Genius Bar.
  5. awesome761

awesome761 Banned

there seems to be so many people that post here that have problems on there 2g. Apple may need to get involved in this.
  6. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

I think I just got lucky. I haven't really had any issues except for Safari crashing every now and then. But It's like the new MacBooks, I won't buy one until they work out the kinks and bugs. It's the same with the new iPods. You just have to give them some time.
  7. PlooBloo

PlooBloo New Member

Huh, I left it alone for the night and it's fine now. The dark area's gone, too. @_@ Thanks for all your replies. But if anything ever happens, I'll be rushing to the Apple Store.