damnit

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by andthevipersaid, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andthevipersaid

andthevipersaid New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys...im sorry if this is noobish....but im fairly new to this jailbreaking thing. i really didn mind paying for the new games and stuff....but this new software update has me really ticked off...i bought a product and i paid good money for it...the software should be a given!

well i have "jailbroken" my itouch a dozen times...using redsnow...quickpwn....quickfreedom...dozens others.....but here is my question

after following all the steps....after every software says " Successfully jailbroken"....what do i do? i tried installing a paid app first...then [REDACTED] to check if its jail broken...nope didn work....i tried updating firmware to 3.0...nope didn work....please help me out.....and i will need step by step explanaition if thats okay? thank u......

P.S : these guys are awesome....how do they come up with this stuff is beyond me....
  2. flashisflamable

flashisflamable New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You should get a new icon on your springboard called Cydia. In this app you can download many other apps, and customize your ipod
  3. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you should really search google dude
  4. andthevipersaid

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    the thing is there is no wifi around here...so the [POPCORN] has to come thru cydia right? i cant do that....is there any other way i can install apps? i saw some site that lets u [REDACTED]...basically [REDACTED]...

i would be happy to search the web...please point me in the right direction....like keywords and stuff...

thank u for the prompt reply
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    To start from a clean slate:
    Upgrade to 3.0 (If not done before)
    DFU + Restore to a clean 3.0
    Run Redsn0w, making sure to check the "Install Cydia" option.

Use the App Store to install 'Official' applications, Use Cydia to intstall 'Unofficial' Applications.

EDIT - By 'Unpaid' I didn't think you meant cracked.

I have said this so many times, but it is never enough.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Read the rules

6. andthevipersaid

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so the 3.0 software update HAS to be bought? i dunno if im gonna get banned for this but [REDACTED] has [REDACTED]...can i not use that?

even after "jailbreaking" my touch, on using those unofficial apps, and the [REDACTED] is not being verified. wow u guys are super helpful...thank u
    =)
  7. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Nothing much more to say.

Read the rules

I quote:
    Actions that will result in a warning / infraction
    [...]​

Posting or discussing about cracked applications (including patched MobileInstallation)
    Posting or discussing links to websites facilitating the cracking or sharing of cracked applications
    Posting serial numbers
    Posting about/where to get ROMs / bios files. Emulators themselves are legal, but the actual ROMs and/or BIOS files are not.
    Copyrighted code or other works. This includes modified IPSWs and paid firmware upgrades
  8. andthevipersaid

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    woops...im so sorry....umm...could u explain to me the difference between unpaid and cracked?

i have ADD...so i have no idea what got blocked out in my prev comment....but i sincerely apologise.

sowwy
    =(
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wow...im so sorry...had no idea i broke all those rules.....

one last question if i may?

whats the difference between unpaid/cracked and unofficial? unpaid would be patched stuff...which is illegal...and unofficial are just those awesome apps that are not listed in appstore?
  9. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes.
    You can't discuss piracy
    It has to be at a different forum that I cannot mention

google
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.